As of August 18/2021, Thailand is experiencing a second outbreak with daily cases averaging 21.000, however, given the current vaccination rate Thailand could have 70% of people vaccinated by February 2022.
However, if you want to study in one of Thailand’s Universities, you can still enter the Kingdom, considering you comply with the conditions below.
You Need Health Insurance and “Test Negative” For COVID-19
The minimum health insurance coverage you must have in order to enter the country is of 100.000 USD Covid Only, the cost of such an annual policy issued by the TGAI would range approximately 500 – 900 USD.
An alternative worth considering is to simply purchase health insurance, which covers COVID-19 and any illnesses or accident, from a local health insurance provider.
As a result, you will receive a certificate of insurance, which you would need to submit to the consulate when applying for a student VISA along with a COVID-19 test – negative.
We recommend Pacific Cross Health as a trusted insurance company. For more information, feel free to contact a Russian speaker who can assist you further: email@example.com
Everyone entering Thailand must undergo a 14 days quarantine upon arrival, this quarantine must be spent at one of the available quarantine hotels.
The cost of such a “vacation” is anywhere from 30.000 THB up to 100.000 THB.
Below you can find a list of available hotels:
What type of VISA do you need?
Thailand has been very cautious about reopening its borders for tourism as the global pandemic continues.
According to the latest news, it’s now possible to enter Thailand on a tourist VISA, but only following Thailand restrictions.
If you intend to study in Thailand, the best solution would be to apply for an educational VISA
Thailand announced on November 1st, 2020 they will begin offering 60-day tourist visas and granting Certificates of Entry (COE) online. The cost of a tourist VISA is approximately 36-48 USD.
Here are the latest updates on how to enter Thailand during COVID-19.
To apply for a Tourist VISA the requirements are:
- Approved Visa
- Approved COE
- Copy of recent bank statement ($700 per person and $1,500 per family). The name of the applicant must be indicated clearly), In case of submitting a family bank statement, proof of relationship (i.e. birth certificate, marriage certificate) must be provided.
- 14-day‘ state quarantine’ upon arrival
- All countries may apply
- Medical insurance that covers COVID-19 with at least $100,000 USD in coverage for the entire duration of your stay.
- Proof of alternative state quarantine reservation (ASQ)
How to Apply:
- Travelers must apply for a visa at the Thai embassy/consulate in their home country.
- Travelers then can apply for the COE on the official Thai Government website.